Thursday, June 30, 2005

sunday reflections on a pier

i was seated facing the ocean, the wind drying my moist-from-sweat-drenched hair, ruffling my skirt, the smooth sounds of bass, saxophone and trombone dancing all around me. it was a lazy sunday out on the pier, i sat there enjoying the music, the vista, the solitude, even.

i looked up and i saw you from afar. you are hard to miss, not because of your height [or lack thereof], but your shirt was an odd colour of blue and i could see this blur of colour even from hundreds, maybe thousands of feet away.

you looked like you were searching for something. back and forth, up and down, you moved all around and could not find. i turned my vision back to the african novel sitting open on my lap, trying to bring my thoughts back to it, but instead i thought about your search and, i realised that i was searching for something too, something i now know, i will never find in you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home